Our Office Policies
1. Your personal and medical information will be kept confidential, unless you request information sharing with another person or healthcare provider, or in a medical emergency.
2. For safety reasons, only patients and staff are normally allowed in treatment areas. However, a parent may be present during treatment of a person under age 18. In other cases, if you wish someone to accompany you during your treatment, please let us know before the appointment. The Medical Director will make the final decision regarding the inclusion of another person.
3. Infants and children under the age of 10 must be accompanied and closely monitored at all times by an adult. Children are not allowed in treatment areas unless they are being treated.
4. A related adult must accompany any patient under the age of 18 to the first appointment. The consent to treatment must be co-signed by a custodial parent. Any patient under the age of 16 must have a related adult present in the waiting area throughout all treatments.
5. A Booking Fee is required to secure the appointment time for most services. This fee is applied toward the cost of the service, or to charges for late cancellations or missed appointments.
6. Except in documented emergencies, we require at least 24 hours notice to cancel or change an appointment. If 24 hours notice is not given, the Booking Fee will be forfeited.
7. We strive to adhere to the scheduled times for our patient's services. If you arrive late, it may be impossible for us to provide your service in the remaining time available. If this occurs, you may choose to have a reduced treatment time (if possible, according to staff decision) at the same price as the scheduled treatment. You may choose to have a different service. If you arrive too late for any service to be provided, the Booking Fee will be forfeited.